Saturday, February 21, 2015

Executioner #2

Second Executioner finished... 10 more to go! I did the base on this one a little different because my clumsy self spilled all my flocking on the floor. Oops! Basically all I did was paint the base with Bestigor Flesh, then used a technique new to me, called stippling, to dab white onto the base and create a textured look. After that I added the only flocking I didn't spill, Olive Green Bushes, and lightly painted some white on them to make it look like they had a dusting of snow. I am definitely not entirely satisfied with the base, but as for the rest of the figure, I am please. Let me know what you think!



2 comments:

  1. Looking good!
    I like the way you have added a dusting of "snow" to the tops of the flock. One thing that struck me with the base was that I haven't come across too many snow bases where the sides of the base are also white. Often they are a different colour (to provide contrast?), so that might be something to consider. Here is a link to a tutorial that shows a few snow bases in pictures (I know the technique for the snow used is different! It is more the photos that I was interested in.) Anyway, great looking model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your feedback, I can always count on that. I actually took the liberty of actually of painting the sides of this base back to the original color, black, and it definitely does look much better. I really like the contrast, it makes it really pop! I am always happy to learn different techniques and would be very interested in that tutorial. If you still have that link I would love to take a look!

    ReplyDelete