Sunday, February 1, 2015

Trying a New Look

This is my third (and probably last for now) Tyranid that I have completed. Instead of doing the blending from black to light green on the carapace like I did on the previous two I painted, I tried out a slightly different technique. One this one, I did a base layer of black, then a layer of medium green. From there I actually washed the carapace with a very dark green wash. After that dried I highlighted the edges in light green. This way was much easier, and it looks much cleaner in my opinion. Although I did have much more fun painting them the other way.

1 comment:

  1. Nice little monster !
    I like it !

    (+ added your blog on my blogroll ... )