Monday, January 19, 2015

The Drummer!

The miniature I am currently working on still needs some work, but I like the progress so far. If you look closely, you can see that this orc had a few piercings, which I am trying to make pop! That has been difficult because whenever I apply the wash it dulls the silver I am using. These images show many imperfections I need to touch up before I finish him. Will post a picture of the final product!



If you notice, with this orc, I decided to make his teeth more of a yellow color. Obviously this type of creature would not really have wonderful hygiene practices, so I thought yellow teeth would be more appropriate. In order to accomplish this, I first painted his teeth a bone color. From there, I applied a sepia wash to give the yellowish tint.


 

2 comments: